CCTV Inspection Hatch
CCTV & Pigging Inspection Hatch
Rectangular CCTV inspection hatches are manufactured in Germany by Reinert Ritz and machined from extruded PE100+ hollow bar. They are used for non man entry inspection, pig launching & retrieval and draining the pipeline if required.
Hatches have an EPDM seal and external reinforced galvanised steel plate for pressure reinforcement with 316 SS Fastners. PN16 versions have 316 stainless steel body straps. No metallic components are in contact with the sewerage media.
All hatches are supplied with a 'Pig friendly hatch lid', this allows pigs to pass through the hatch without fouling if the hatch is not at the start or end of the pipeline.
Hatch selection generally matches the systems design Maximum Operating Pressure (MOP), rather than the pipes pressure rating as this minimises cost. Manufactured with spigot or flanged ends to suit connection to any pipe, fitting or flange assembly of any SDR.
All hatches are Rated for maximum surge pressures of ≥2.25x MOP (up to 36 Bar surge rated).
Reinert Ritz CCTV Hatch Brochure (Rectangular)
Typical Hong Kong Installation Twin sewer rising mains
Available Options: (see images below)
- Maximum operating pressure ratings: PN4 or PN16
- Scour outlets integrated for draining or suction connections, configurations include horizontal, vertical, flanged or spigot ends.
- Integrated flanged dismantling joint either upstream or down stream, allows for maintenance of isolation valves while maintaining a compact chamber foot print
- Air valve branch integrated into the hatch lid, allows direct fixing of an air valve to reduce chamber footprint & costs
Benefits over traditional Cast Iron Inspection Hatches
- Design life is the same as the PE pipe system - 100 years, without maintenance requirement
- Peak surge pressures tested to greater than 2.25x MOP, no risk of hatch failure during surge
- No corrosion risk from H2S attack (Cast iron hatches typically have 15-20 year life spans)
- Pig friendly hatch lid option, hatch will not foul pigging operations.
Circular inspection hatch designs offer a lower cost, however the opening size cannot be larger than the pipes ID, so the size of proposed CCTV equipment should be checked to ensure access is possible when selecting circular hatches. For Circular inspection Hatches click here
PE100 PN 4 Rated CCTV inspection Hatch with SDR 17 Spigot ends
Machined from PE100+Hollow bar with EPDM seal and Galvanised Steel external reinforced top plate (not exposed to the media). Can be ordered with any SDR spigot ends to match the connecting pipe.
|Designed for use on pressure systems with an operating pressure up to PN4. Connects to pipes SDR 26-17 with a maximum operating pressure (MOP) of 4Bar and Maximum instantaneous surge pressure of 10Bar.|
|Alternate SDR spigot ends and any of the stated options above can be added at order placement.|
|Larger sizes can be manufactured to order, contact us for dimensions.|
|d1 / dn||le1||b||h||B||Z||kg|
PE100 PN 16 Rated CCTV inspection Hatch with SDR 11 or 17 Spigot ends
Machined from PE100+Hollow bar with EPDM seals, Galvanised Steel external reinforced top plate and and 316 SS body straps (not exposed to the media). Can be ordered with any SDR spigot ends to match the connecting pipe.
|Designed for use on systems with an operating pressure of PN6.4 to PN16 with a maximum operating pressure of 16Bar and Maximum instantaneous surge pressure of 36Bar.|
|Spigot ends of any SDR and any of the stated options above can be added at order placement|
|Larger and smaller sizes can be manufactured to order, contact us for dimensions.|
|d1 / dn||le1||b||h||B||Z||kg|