Mill-Pro supplies pipe and fittings for sewerage pipe replacement in Stanley Link Road, Stanley, Hong Kong
Sunday, May 1, 2016
An entrustment works project for the HK Drainage Services Department, the main contractor China Harbour Engineering sub contracted the work to install a DN 225 sewer connection to a new building and to upgrade the subsequent man hole and DN 300 pipe connection to the DSD main sewer at the beach in Stanley.
The project was challenging due to the extremely tight working area and congested existing underground services (typical to HK). The sub-contractor, Good Max Construction Engineering Co had to cut the DN 300 (OD 355) PE pipe into 3m sections to enable it to be installed around existing services and then joined it in the trench and cast an Insitu manhole around the sliding man hole connectors.
The benefit of using PE in such an application is the light weight of the pipe allowed it to be installed and maneuvered easily. Even though the pipe was cut into 3m lengths it was still twice the length of a traditional concrete pipe. The contractor indicated an installation time of less than half the equivalent time of using reinforced concrete pipe, and no need to encase the installed PE pipe in concrete.
This project used the following Mill-Pro products:
– OD 250 M90S pipe with orange CCTV inspection layer and red brown stripes indicating sewer use
– OD 355 M90S pipe with orange CCTV inspection layer and red brown stripes indicating sewer use
– OD 250 & 355 Friatec cast Insitu Electrofusion sliding manhole connector joints
– OD 250 & 355 Friatec Electrofusion couplers
– Friamat electrofusion machine
– Friatool mechanical peeler
download the pdf here: